Watch our Trattoria chef show you how to make this simple and tasty dish using Egg Tagliatelle from Bologna, Southern provolone cheese & smoked pancetta.
250g packet of De Cecco spinach Tagliatelle
Â½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 medium sized leek
200g smoked pancetta Praga Villani (sliced into 20mm
1 clove of garlic, sliced
Â½ cup dry white wine
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
100g roughly grated
Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Cut the leek lengthwise and wash it under running water. Slice the leek in strips and set it aside.
2. Heat some olive oil in a large pan and toss in the sliced pancetta.
3. Fry the pancetta for 3 minutes then add the leek and garlic clove.
4. Fry on a gentle heat until the leek softens then pour the white wine â€” simmer for 4 minutes.
5. Boil the Tagliatelle in plenty of salted water until Al dente. Drain whilst reserving a little of the cooking water and season with salt and white pepper.
6. Toss the pasta into the leek and pancetta, add some of the salted water if the sauce looks to dry.
7. Add the parsley then toss and divide the Tagliatelle into 4 bowls. Sprinkle with the provolone cheese.