Here is another healthy and delicious recipe that combines the thick texture of Orecchiette, the freshness of peas and the sweet flavour of Pecorino Dolce di Sardegna.
Did you know that you don’t have to use basil to make a tasty, rich Pesto? Well, now you do!
Orecchiette recipe for 4 people
- 380g Orecchiette De Cecco*
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil*
- ½ cup vegetable stock*
- 1 cup Pecorino Dolce di Sardegna*
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 basil leaves
- Salt and white pepper to season*
*available from Mediterranean Foods, click to view store options.
- Cook the orecchiette in plenty of salted simmering water.
- In the meantime fry the sliced shallots and the garlic in a saucepan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- When the shallots look soft, add the peas and half a cup of vegetable stock.
- Simmer 3 minutes then place the peas into a tall cup and with an immersion blender whizz into a puree, adding the basil leaves, the extra virgin olive oil and half of the pecorino.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- When the orecchiette are cooked place them into a large bowl and pour the pea pesto into it.
- Mix well and serve with the rest of the pecorino cheese sprinkled on top.
Hope you enjoy this delicious recipe, Buon Appetito!
Be part of the in-store Mediterranean Foods FoodClub. Our FoodClub is for our in-store customers – a way of sharing our knowledge, traditions and passion for good food with fellow foodies!