Get started with this easy recipe for a delicious pasta dish. With its simple, yet sophisticated flavor combination of Pennoni Artisan De Cecco pasta, Gorgonzola Dolce, and Saffron, this dish is a surefire crowd-pleaser.
The use of just a few quality ingredients, along with the straightforward instructions, makes this easy recipe a perfect choice for busy weeknights, impromptu dinner parties, or just a night in with friends.
So, grab your ingredients, fire up your stove, and get ready to experience the richness and simplicity of this incredible pasta dish. Buon Appetito!
- In a large pot with simmering salted water cook your penne until ‘al dente’.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large pan add the gorgonzola and the cream and bring it to simmer. Melt the gorgonzola into the cream.
- Add the saffron threads into a cup with the warm water to infuse the saffron for 3 to 4 minutes, then add the water to the sauce.
- Mix until the saffron is folded nicely into the sauce. Strain the penne and add the pasta into the sauce.
- Add the parsley, toss and serve with a sprinkle of grated Grana Padano on top.
Hope you enjoy this easy recipe, Buon Appetito!
Be part of the in-store Mediterranean Foods FoodClub. Our FoodClub is for our in-store customers – a way of sharing our knowledge, traditions and passion for good food with fellow foodies!