MEDITERRANEAN FOODS WINE TASTING
A FOCUS ON Veneto
THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED.
We will consider having a second session at 7:30pm if there is enough interest.
If interested, please email email@example.com
This is a great chance to try some wines offering fantastic value alongside some truly great examples, including Amorone della Valpolicella!
Included is a selection of 6 wines from Veneto and a Antipasti from our Trattoria kitchen
Veneto, located in North East Italy, was once home to the Venetian Republic that ruled this part of the world for a millennium and has ancient winemaking traditions.
This region is one of the stars of Italy, producing some of Italy’s best wines. It has rich red wines such as Valpolicella Ripaso and textural white wines like Soave, Lugana and Pinot Grigio. Veneto is also the home of Prosecco, Veneto’s immensely popular sparkling wine.
In this class, guest will:
- Learn about the different wine making zones
of the Veneto region.
- Learn what to look for when choosing Italian wines.
- Taste a selection of red & white wines chosen by Mediterranean Food's Sommelier, Blair Fryer.
- Enjoy a selection of Antipasti from our Trattoria kitchen.
- Discuss the flavour profile and ideal pairing of each wine.
- 10% off any purchase in shop that evening.
- Take home tasting notes.
$35 Per person
This class is limited to 10 people
Tuesday 26th September, 2017
6:00pm - 7:00pm
(Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10 - 15 minutes)
* As our last tasting was quick to full up we will consider having a second session at 7:30pm depending on interest*
Mediterranean Foods Shop
42 Constable Street, Newtown
To book call (04) 939 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org