MEDITERRANEAN FOODS WINE TASTING
A FOCUS ON SOUTHERN ITALY
Featuring Puglia, Calabria, Campania & Basilicata
This is a great chance to learn about these unique and often unfamiliar local grape varieties such as Fiano, Greco, Primitivo, Negroamaro and the amazing Aglianico!
Included is a selection of 6 wines from Southern Italy and a Antipasti from our Trattoria kitchen
The regions of Southern Italy have had the most impact historically on the story of Wine in Italy. When the Ancient Greeks came over to Italy they called Italy “Enotria” - meaning 'Land of the Vine”. And as the Greeks realised the trading potential of fermented grape juice, they brought many nonnative varieties to the fertile soils of Campania, Puglia, Basilicata and Calabria and sunny southern Italy became a giant nursery. The result was wine with ripe, rich fruit which along with the volcanic soils made for interesting, complex wines with minerality and delicious savoury/bitter notes.
In this class, guest will:
- Learn about the different wine making zones
of the Southern Italy region.
- Learn what to look for when choosing Italian wines.
- Taste a selection of red & white wines chosen by Mediterranean Food's Sommelier, Blair Fryer.
- Enjoy a selection of Antipasti from our Trattoria kitchen.
- Discuss the flavour profile and ideal pairing of each wine.
- 10% off any purchase in shop that evening.
- Take home tasting notes.
$35 Per person
This class is limited to 10 people
Tuesday 24th October, 2017
6:00pm - 7:00pm
(Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10 - 15 minutes)
Mediterranean Foods Shop
42 Constable Street, Newtown
To book call (04) 939 8989 or email email@example.com