Ingredients for 4 people
2 Packets of De Cecco potato gnocchi
2 Shallots finely chopped
1/2 Cauliflower in small pieces
1 Small potato Agria cut in small cubes
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 Litre of vegetable stock
1 Clove of garlic
1/2 Cup of cream
1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 Packet of cavolo nero stalks removed and roughly chopped
150g of smoked pancetta cut in 2cm cubes
- To make the cauliflower cream. In a small sauce pan fry the shallots and garlic with a little extra virgin olive oil for a couple of minutes at medium heat. Add the potato and cauliflower.
- Add the stock just to cover the vegetable and then add the butter. Let it simmer until the potatoes are soft. Season with salt and transfer into a blender. Whiz to a soft pure whilst adding the cream.
- In a large pan fry the pancetta until coloured.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water cook the cavolo nero for 7-8 minutes then in the same pot drop the gnocchi and cook until they rise to the surface.
- Add the cauliflower cream into the pancetta pan. Drain the gnocchi and cavolo nero and toss them into the pan and mix.
- Serve with Parmigiano Reggiano and drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top.