Ingredients for 4 people
2 Packets of gnocchi De Cecco
1 Large leek cut into 1 cm rings
1/2 Glass of dry white wine
1 Clove of garlic thinly sliced
180g of smoked pancetta cut into 3cm long strips
1 Cup of cream
100g of gorgonzola dolce
1 Tablespoon of freshly chopped Italian parsley
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Salt and pepper to season
Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pan gently fry the leeks with olive oil and the garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add the pancetta and increase the heat and fry for 5 minutes until the pancetta start to colour and the leeks are nice and soft.
- Add the wine and let it evaporate. Add the cream and bring the pan to simmer. Add the gorgonzola cheese and parsley.
- Season and simmer for two minutes and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the gnocchi and when they rise to the surface simmer for an extra minute. Drain and toss them into the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano reggiano and serve.