Ingredients for 4
1 Medium to large fresh gurnard fish gutted
3 Cloves of garlic
1/2 Glass of white wine
1 Tin of cherry tomatoes
1 Cup of vegetable or fish stock
1/2 Cup of chopped Italian parsley
12 Fresh mussels
12 Fresh cockles
1/2 Cup of marinated mixed olives
1 Tablespoon of capers
12 Small gourmet potato pre cooked in salted water
- In a wide pot gently fry the garlic and the parsley with 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the whole fish sprinkled with salt — add the cockles, mussels and pour in the wine.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for a couple of minutes. Add the cherry tomato, olives, capers and the stock.
- Simmer for 12 minutes then add the potato and simmer for another 5 minutes
- Serve with a few toasted artisan style bread slices