Ingredients for 4
4 Pizza dough
1 Tin of Antica Napoli cherry tomato
1 Large eggplant sliced 2cm thick
2 Cloves of garlic
1/2 Cup of fresh basil leaves
200g Smoked scamorza cheese
4 Tablespoons of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1 Teaspoon of dried oregano
Salt & Pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- In an oven tray place the eggplant slices and drizzle them with some salt, extra virgin olive oil and sliced garlic. Place them in the oven at 200 degrees for 8 minutes or until they start to colour. Take them out of the oven and let them cool down.
- Turn the oven up to 220 degrees
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil in a large baking tray and spread it around.
- Spread the pizza dough using only your hands — first on a floury surface then place it into the oiled oven tray and keep spreading until all the tray is covered. *You can use 2 balls of pizza dough for a 50cm square oven tray.
- In a large container dress your cherry tomato with the oregano olive oil, salt and the basil leaves. Spread the cherry tomato and their juice onto the pizza. No need to squash the cherry tomato, just leave them scattered around.
- Spread the eggplant on the pizza by ripping them off by hand then adding the grated smoked scamorza and sprinkle the Parmigiano all over.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the pizza is nice and crispy!