Ingredients for 4
2 Tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
2 Tablespoons of chopped shallot
3 Garlic cloves sliced
1/2 Cup of dried porcini mushrooms soaked in hot water and roughly chopped
6 Free range eggs
1/2 Cup of cream
150g of fresh Asiago cheese grated
- In a medium size roasting pan or skillet fry the shallot and garlic to medium heat with 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the button mushrooms and the porcini and toss them about. Add the parsley and season with salt and a little pepper.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the soaking water from the porcini and let the mushroom cook for a couple of minutes.
- In a terrine dish break the eggs and whisk them with the cream. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook it on a slow heat until thick as custard like consistency.
- Spread the Asiago cheese on top of the frittata and bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 170 degrees. Take the frittata out of the oven and let it rest for 4 minutes