Ingredients for 4
350g Fusilli pasta
4 Medium sized zucchini sliced
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Cloves of garlic sliced
12 Leaves of fresh basil
For the fondue:
1 1/2 Cup of milk
1 1/2 Tablespoons of butter
1 Tablespoon of flour
100g Asiago cheese roughly grated
1 Pinch of grated nutmeg
1 Pinch of white pepper powder
- Make the fondue first: in a small pot melt the butter and add the flour. Let it cook for a few minutes at a low temperature.
- Reheat the milk in another small pot or in a mug using the microwave open. Pour the hot milk into the butter and flour pot. Let it come to the simmer and simmer for a minute.
- Take it away from the heat and season with pepper and nutmeg. Add the cheese and mix until it is all nicely melted.
- Cook the fusilli in a large pot of salted boiling water.
- In a large pan gently fry the garlic and add the basil and zucchini. Add a little of the pastas cooking water and keep simmering the zucchini until they are soft.
- With a fork or a hand blender - squash the zucchini into a rough puree.
- Drain the fusilli when al dente and toss it into the zucchini pan. Add a ladle of the Asiago fondue mix and serve.