Ingredients for 4
350g Gnocchetti sardi pasta De Cecco or any other small format of pasta
200g Pecorino dolce sardo sheep cheese soft
1 Teaspoon of saffron threads
1/2 Cup of cream
- In a large pot of salted water cook the gnocchetti.
- In another large pan pour the cream and the grated pecorino. Let it melt for a few minutes at a low temperature.
- In another small pan heat the saffron until the colour changes to a dark purple.
- Place the dry saffron on a piece of baking paper. Fold the paper like an envelope and with the back of a spoon press the saffron to turn it to a powder.
- Add the saffron into the melted pecorino cheese sauce and mix until all dissolved. When the pasta is cooked pour it into the sauce and toss it about.
- Add some more pecorino sahved on top and serve!