Ingredients for 4
2 Cloves of garlic
1 Small dried chilli
3 Tins of borlotti beans drained and rinsed
24 Fresh mussels medium small
1 Small bunch of Italian parsley roughly chopped
200g of fresh silverbeet
2 Medium size potato peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
2 Tablespoons of tinned chopped Italian tomatoes
- In a large pot fry the garlic and chilli gently with some extra virgin olive oil
- Add the tomato and simmer for a few minutes
- Pour in the potato and a little water or vegetable stock to cover them. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes until the potato turns soft.
- Add the borlotti beans, mussels and the silverbeet while adding a little water or stock if it is too thick.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes until the mussels are open. Serve with toasted rustic bread and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on the top!