Ingredients for 6 people
* Ingredients found at Mediterranean Foods
500g Arborio or Vialone Nano rice*
80g Parmigiano cheese*
1 Litre of vegetable stock*
Extra virgin olive oil*
400g Pumpkin/butternut squash
1 Sliced white onion
- Cut the pumpkin in small cubes after you have taken off the seeds and the shell.
- Fry gently in half the butter the chopped onion and then add the pumpkin and leave to cook for 10 minutes adding 2 large spoons of broth.
- Now place 1 spoon of olive oil in a sauce pan and heat it. Add the rice, toast it for a minute until it becomes translucent, add the glass of wine and let evaporate.
- Add the pumpkin and a bit of the broth. Stir and slowly start adding the broth waiting every time for it to be absorbed by the rice. Keep stirring the rice until it is cooked through.
- Turn the heat off, add a little bit of butter and a good spoonful of Parmigiano cheese. Cover with a dry cloth and the lid.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes (the cloth will trap the steam and give you a nice glossy rice). Serve hot.