For 2 people
1 Packet of Bertagni ravioli buffalo mozzarella
1 Large eggplant
1 Clove of garlic
1/2 Cup of fresh marjoram leaves
10 Ripe cherry tomatoes cut in halves
Salt and white pepper to season
Extra virgin olive oil
Parmigiano Reggiano grated to garnish
- If you have a barbecue, place the whole eggplant on a medium heat on the grill.
- Get the eggplant a nice charred stage. You will see the skin getting wrinkly and then black. This will give the eggplant a nice smokey flavour. Some water from the eggplant will start to boil out and the inside will start to steam cook, becoming soft and lightly mushy.
- If you do not have a barbecue, place the eggplant on a skillet and turn the heat on medium. Pan sear the skin and then place the eggplant in the oven at 180 degrees until it becomes soft.
- Let the eggplant cool down and peel the skin off. Place the inside of the cooked eggplant on a chopping board and chop it roughly.
- In a large pan — fry the garlic with the extra-virgin olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add the eggplant and let it simmer for 3 minutes at a low temperature. Add the marjoram and the cherry tomato. Season with salt and a little white pepper and cook for another minute.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water cook the ravioli for 3 minutes, drain and add them into the pan. Toss them about adding a little of the cooking water if it becomes too dry. Serve with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano.