To celebrate Italian National Day on Friday the 2nd of June we are hosting a wine tasting featuring the wines of Tuscany.
Included is a selection of 6 wines from the Tuscany region and a Antipasti from our Trattoria kitchen
With hundreds, even thousands, of different grape varieties, Italy is unsurprisingly the world’s leader in production of wine by volume (much to France’s dismay).
Nearly all 20 regions of Italy produce wines that are exported around the world and there are numerous Italian varieties worth drinking. But without a doubt, the most well known region is Tuscany.
In this class, guest will:
- Learn about the history and landscape of Tuscany, the region that produces some of Italy's best wines.
- What to look for when choosing Italian wines.
- Taste a selection of red & white wines chosen by Mediterranean Food's Sommelier, Blair Fryer.
- Discuss the flavour profile and ideal pairing of each wine.
- Enjoy a selection of Antipasti from our Trattoria kitchen.
- 10% off any purchase in shop that evening.
- Take home tasting notes.
$35 Per person
This class is limited to 10 people
Friday 2nd June, 2017
6:00pm - 7:00pm
(Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10 - 15 minutes)
Mediterranean Foods Shop
42 Constable Street, Newtown
To book call (04) 939 8989 or email email@example.com